Web Hosting FAQ
Linux Hosting – www.yourwebsite.com.au/cpanel
Windows Hosting – www.yourwebsite.com.au/plesk
If you do not have a login, or you are on a legacy hosting plan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You can use the upload feature in your CPANEL or PLESK interface.
Legacy hosting customers can FTP to upload.highway1.com.au using the instructions below:
These instructions assume you have Windows 2000/ME/XP or Vista. We recommend using FileZilla to transfer files.
- Download FileZilla (FTP)
- Run (double click on the downloaded file) to install the application
- Click “I Agree”
- Click Next
- Click Next (Components)
- Click Next (Location)
- Click Install
- Click Finish
- Run FileZilla
- Click “File” then “Site Manager”
- Click “New Site” Button
- Type upload.highway1.com.au (In the My Site list)
- Enter the following information in the General Tab
- Host : upload.highway1.com.au
- Server Type : FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Logon Type: normal
- User: [your username]
- Password: [your password]
- Click Connect
- The program will now connect to the upload server.
- The two windows now show files on your pc and the web server. You can navigate the folders on each and drag and drop files from one to the other to upload and download files.
- Once you have finished you can close FileZilla.
- Your files will now be uploaded to the web server.
Yes, you can run PHP and HTML.
html, shtml, cgi, php, asp and .aspx (.net 2 through 4)
Web statistics generated by AWSTATS can now be found as a subdirectory under your domain or in your CPANEL/PLESK Admin Area. For example:
If your domain does not have the “/webstats/” folder configured or you do not have a username and password to access this area please contact email@example.com.
As an anternative we recommend you set up a FREE Google Analytics account which provides excellent web statistics reporting.
Yes but only on CPANEL and PLESK hosted websites. For more complex configrations we recommend a co-located or virtual server from ZettaGrid for this purpose.